Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whatever you give a woman...


Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.

Isn't that the truth? I laughed my arse off at that when a friend emailed it to me! I thought it was a pretty good way to end the last day of 2008. T
oday is supposed to be a time to reflect, with a pause to move forward beginning with the first day of the new year. Let's see.... I'll start with the obvious and go happier...

MS sucks. No point denying it. I had a few battles this year with it. Could have been a lot worse but could've been better. Some things I can do to make it better - get back exercising regularly, watch some of the things I eat that might possibly trigger some stuff, pay more attention to the little things my body tells me BEFORE they go big. Set my mental viewing of this crappy disease in a different angle. Accept that it does suck but try and focus on what doesn't suck (right now!).

I did one of those "get to know your friends" email chain thingys (I was in a giving mood) and one of the questions asked what you were scared of. My answer - progressing disability. I think that's all of our fears with this damned disease.... thought I was headed down that route with my right leg earlier this year and it turned out to be a back, and non-MS, issue. Sure, I got lucky (if that's the right word) this time and hopefully there won't be a next time....

Ike sucked big lemons! Reconnected with an old high school friend during my time off work and found out she and her husband had a tree come crashing through their house and haven't lived there since Ike hit. She lived on the north side of town. Luckily we pulled through will very fixable and livable damages. We made out a lot better
than that. Again, I lucked out with that one. The long shifts at work made for some very good over-time pay which my partner and I will be taking vacation with this year, so there was a positive side. An even better flip side ended up being the relationship that I now have with the in-laws. They were always super nice and very easy to get along with... but after them living with us for 2 months after Ike - we're family. It was even better this past holiday season just because how all of us were so close. Actually, it was a little too close considering my partner's sister started discussing her and her husband's sex life with me... (GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG) One more glass of wine and it was more okay.... HAHAHAHHHA

Life. In general. It's great! I'm in a very loving, wonderul, whole relationship that consumes me - in a great bursting with happiness way. I've never felt so close or shared such a deep connection with someone on a partner-level (my best friend qualifies for that but we've never slept together thank god!) Yeah, we fight. Yeah, we hurt each other's feelings sometimes and say the wrong things sometimes. We also talk - and more t
han that communicate with each other. I know that she's there for me through all the good, bad, and hosptial stays! HAHAHAH And, I know she knows I'm there for her in the same ways!! We give and take from each other so that neither one of us is too empty or too full of anything. Our balance is so amazing... I know there will be a post in the future about a fight or misunderstanding we've had. That's what happens. If we weren't two separate people, who just happened to fit together, it would be too boring.

Okay - enough of that gushy stuff, I know! But, it's
the happiest of my happies. Even in those blah moments, I've got a pretty good start on a way to start tipping the scales the other way.

New Year's resolutions will be another post
for tomorrow (or another day depending on how tonight goes..... : p ) We're headed over to the annual festivities as our friend's house to bring in the New Year.... I'm bringing the fireworks.... [hey, there's gotta be some advantage for being "the man" and being in the area I formally patrolled and know all the local bobbies!!!!!]

Have a wonderful last day of 2008. Here's a toast for the start of 2009!



1 comment:

BRAINCHEESE said...

I need glasses or a new brain...I thought the picture for this post was of a Madonna Cone Bra! Geez...(it DOES sort of look that way if you imagine the....ah, never mind)

Anyway, good on ya...nice list of positives.

Linda D. in Seattle