Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just another Tuesday...

But this Tuesday is special - it's the honey's birthday!! WOO HOO!! I wish we were going out to a big steak dinner to celebrate but I still can't sit upright for very long and a car ride is my least favorite thing to do right now. I'm actually getting better at sitting up, and probably could do dinner somewhere but all the decent places to go are at my max limit for a car ride... Sheesh - I hate that I can't do big plans to celebrate.

Course, what's worse is that the carpet guys that were supposed to be here at 10 are now not coming until 2, and it'll take 2-3 hours to get it finished so that means they will not be gone by the time she gets home from work. Last night the kitchen and bathroom floors got installed... the guys were here until 1030 pm!! OMG!! But, one of the guys did put our new toilet in for us for a lot less than it was going to be with HD's installers.... so, I guess that was a wash.

All that's left to fix now is the sheetrock in the small hallway and the gutters. I will be glad when all this is over. It has stressed the other half out majorly and not to mention has stressed me out as well. It will be nice to have everything done and quiet around here where we can enjoy it. We got each other the PS3 for Christmas this year for the games and the Blu-ray. It's a good investment since we're such home-bodies that enjoy staying in and watching a movie with no lines to the bathroom, personal volume control, and much cheaper candy and popcorn!! Now, with Netflix as well, it's cinema paradise!! I can't wait to get Madden 09 for the PS3 - I'm not a big gamer but I do enjoy it. I can't wait to get back to the Wii.

I loved the Wii fit with the games and yoga. I can't wait to get back to working out period. I have enjoyed being laid up this time w/o a lot of steroids - I noticed I'm not putting on the pounds like I usually do with a MS flare. I know the food tastes so good on solumedrol but I could do without all the extras!! LOL Speaking of food, I did the bacon pancakes on this past Sunday. They were very yummy! They cooled off a little quick but the taste was yummy! The pancake batter just sucks up the bacon grease and the flavor combo is yummers!! Have I said that already??

I can't believe it's already so far into December.... It's going to be Christmas before I know it. We haven't gotten anything Christmas out in the house... it's still all in the attic since all the working in the house and me unable to pick up the milk jug. It's going to be a little odd without a tree this year but I think we'll make do... We talked about getting one of those rosemary trees and putting a few ornaments on it just to have something in the house. Will probably end up doing that.

I didn't really have anything in mind when I started babbling. I'm just listening to my latest itunes purchases and catching up on some email correspondence. Haven't even turned on the boob tube yet - but I'm sure I will. No sense not frying my brain more than it already is!!! AHHAHAHAH

No comments: