Friday, December 5, 2008

This is me...

Not really... but it's a 4-legged representation of what I feel like! I still can't even sit partially up in my side of the recliner couch. So, my beloved Venus - the not even 2 year old adopted mutt - has deemed the brown couch hers while I stay on our red one. I've gotten some really good shots of her relaxing with me while I'm home. And, believe it or not, the one on the left was taken 2 days ago but the one on the right was taken today! Looks like she went from one spot right to the next one...

Course, her big sister is too cool to pose for pictures anymore! HA! Not really, but she would normally be curled up on the other side of the couch except she takes advantage of being on one of the beds and spreading out. The little one is curled up on the heating pad and blanket. Today was "cold" for us down here in the gulf coast - our high was only 55 today so we'r
e all in our heavy winter coats down here! It might even hit freezing on the north side of H-town tonight! Brrrrrrr! Course, I know all y'all above the Mason-Dixon line are laughing y'alls arses off at me saying it's cold but anything below 70 and we go a little bonkers!! At least I do - my blood is too thin for any color other than green or brown on the ground.

I have been in snow here in Texas - even in the south part of Texas. I need to scan in pictures of the beach house deck covered in snow from 2 years ago! It's great! My partner said about 2 minutes after they went back inside a seagull landed on the railing and did the "hot potato" dance for a few seconds and then flew off cuz of the snow! That would've been hilarious! I do like it cold on Christmas Eve and Christmas though - it doesn't feel right when it's 80F. And, yes - I have been swimming on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Both in Texas and visiting my grandparents in Little Rock, Arkansas. There was one Christmas where I opened my gifts in my bathing suit, along with my cousin and family. Those pics are still on slides, which my brother and I keep meaning to get to have them transferred to DVDs. I wore shorts this Thanksgiving day and for most of the weekend. I think it hit 85 that Saturday afterwards...

I remember being told, jokingly by my neuro, that my diagnosis meant I had to move north! He was joking but we all know how the heat is an MSer's main kryptonite! I have a cooling vest I now use religiously for outdoor events during the wanna-be winter and sissy-spring we get down here (technically summer is our only season with a slight dip into fall). I just can't imagine living somewhere without the heat, though - I think my skin would eavaporate off of me!! I guess I could always find a "dry" heat somewhere! AHHAHAHAHA What's funny is when I've traveled to the east coast during the summer I learned to request/ask for air-conditioning! Now, it's not so hard to find but it was for a while! I think New York and Chicago had more days over 95F last summer than we did. On a down note for the Bayou city, though, our "feels like" temps were higher...

TGIF! Doesn't really affect me - same type day for me as the last 21 days. I'm even losing days of the week. I didn't realize today was Friday until my partner told me she was excited for the weekend... how sad is that???

No comments: