Monday, February 2, 2009

A lot of crap on my mind...

Okay....

I don't have a voice. It decided it didn't like me and it's apparently taking a vacation. It started last night with about 40 seconds left in the Super Bowl. My Steelers decided to give me a heart attack and apparently my voice was the casualty. We had several people over for the big game who were not big football fans but they were big time into the game because they had $$ in their work. We took a spin on the old football squares tradition - we bought little gifts (and not gag either) and gave them away at the times that $ would be won... One of our friends won 3 freakin' times.... Everybody else said we rigged it!!!

Today's been interesting without a voice - My boss kept commenting that my "sexy" voice was freaking her out and she did not like me not talking... And I always thought that my work would be appreciative of me not having a voice!!! I know some of them appreciated it!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I got back in the pool over the weekend and IT FELT FUCKING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. I only did a little bit - but it didn't hurt and I felt good afterwards. I can't wait to get back there, which is tomorrow morning!! YIPPPEEEE!! No legs spasms, no hurting back.... Nada.

I did, unfortunately last night, experience that horrible side effect from Copaxone that causes you to stop breathing and your body to go horribly wrong - I felt like my stomach was turning upside/down and inside out at the same time my lungs were filled with fluid and could not get anything in or out - I could not feel anything outside of my lungs burning... I passed out for the briefest moment .... My partner swears I did okay but I thought I was going to die... OMFG!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how she stayed so calm and cool... I know I heard her voice through all the haze and pain.... course, I was not happy when she would not let me lie down for the 20 minutes afterwards considering I could not catch my breath.... It still hurts to take a full, deep breath. I'm wondering if that's why I haven't gotten my voice back yet... I know I'm supposed to call the honchos with my meds but I can't very well talk to them without a voice, can I? I'll call them later...

4 comments:

Joan said...

In ten years of injections, I've only had that bad reaction twice. Mine felt like a fire inside me rolling up to my head, with a roaring in my ears and temporary blindness. It only lasted a few minutes, but I was exhausted afterwards. I'm glad you got through it okay.

Finding the Happy said...

Oh honey that must have been terrifying. I'm so sorry and am sending BIG love and hugs.

If brownies can make it better, let it be so...they are on their way.

Lisa Emrich said...

We did squares and I won at the end of the 1st quarter. That's fun.

I've had one similar to Joan's description. Actually, Joan's description sounds like anytime I've started to blackout - not really fun.

Hope you feel better soon.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Had it...once. Felt more like a very bad panic attack in my chest from the Copaxone. Of course, the scientific me said, "wow...this is strange...let's watch this". That's sometimes a good plan...unless it really IS a heart attack one is having!

Linda D. in Seattle