Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I hate calling in tired...

Course, that's not really what I called in. I blamed it on the flu that's going around. How do you explain to your supervisor that despite sleeping from 10 to 6 without waking up, that you have absolutely no energy to even begin to think about brushing your teeth - let alone getting dressed for work.

Sheesh - I hate the fucking fatigue. I feel like I just swam 100 miles and then decided to go for an ultra-marathon afterwards.... Yet, I didn't do crap. And, what I hate the most is that I had a great day yesterday. Woke up great - had a great time teaching at the academy - stopped at the store for dinner stuffs - and then had a good night! No issues. Well, I did have a freaky bit of what I think was an allergic reaction...

We were watching Chuck (because we had DVR'd it to watch House first - gotta love tv!) and my stomach started itching... and itching and itching... and then my entire torso felt like it was being stung by a million ants at the same time... and then it went into my arms and I was literally dunked into a hot bath --- which I barely felt... after about 20 minutes in the tub it finally calmed down and I was able to sit without drawing blood by scratching myself. The only thing I could figure would be an allergic reaction to what I ate... but it was leftover meatloaf.

Seriously, what's wrong with that?!?!?! I took a benedryl last night with all my other meds and I was out. First I thought I was still just a little dopey this morning from all the meds but that was not it. I was wiped. I didn't even have the strength to pee. Thank goodness I don't have bladder control issues yet otherwise it would have been an even less prettier site...

I think this is one of the things I hate the most about this fucking disease. i know it's just a bad day and I'll wake up feeling great tomorrow. I'll get up and go to work and everybody will ask if I'm okay and I say I am... and I'll tell my supervisor that I just had a really rough day. Luckily my bosses understand ( as much as they can) about some of my "unseen" symptoms and they don't hold it too much against me... I just don't like letting the ohters at my office down by having to do my job when I'm not there... ya know? That pride thingy - it gets me in trouble!!!

Sigh - so I'm just laying back on the couch with the tv on, catching up on my latest book... and just want to be able to go to sleep for a few more hours. But, because I have slept most of the day my body just wants to be brain dead but not asleep right now... I guess since I'm letting it control me anyways today I'll just let it!....

2 comments:

Joan said...

DITTO! Fatigue is the worst. Hang in there!

Kimberly said...

The hardest part of this damn disease is that we have NO freaking control. I've learned to just give into the fatigue. No use fighting it, I won't win. So, embrace it. Own it, it's yours. Be a slug. Lie on the couch, watch T.V. and rest. Remember, this too shall pass!