Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Head twirling, making zaps...

(and I made sure not to accidentally select wingdings font like I have a few times in the past!!!) :p

I'm not a scardy-cat (OMG - how the hell do you spell that word?) but there are some things I've been scared of for a while. Like, anything that buzzes and flies at the same time... bees & wasps and the big horse-flies that can confuse me for a sec make me freeze. It's a true phobia. I was stung 6-7 times in my eye by yellow-jackets that had built a nest in my mother's lovely shag carpeting when I was 2 years old. I lost sight for a bit but got it back.. too bad I didn't remember that feeling for my bout with ON. Anyhows, forget BOO making me jump, but BZZZZ will make me shut down and squeal like a girl!! *SHIVER* Even being the 30-something adult I am now, I'm reduced to a little 2 yo crying if I can't get to a safe place quick enough. It doesn't help that I should have an epi pen on me since I'm also very allergic...

I've gotten over my fear of needles - a good thing about having to give yourself a shot everyday!! LOL I would think that I wouldn't need to replace an overcome fear with a new one, but apparently my brain feels "left out" with a space to fill in that lobe.. (dunno which lobe - don't remember that part of my neuropsych class). But, it has been replaced with a fear of FEVERS!! OMG - are you freakin' kidding me?!??!?! I almost have an aversion to thermometers because of it... Why? I've been admitted to a hospital everytime my fever has gotten over 100... ever since MS. I mean, I know our core temp should be regulated and we can't do a bunch of stuff we used to love outside, but seriously? I've missed a few days of work cuz of a stoopid migraine with a fever... luckily hasn't hit 100 or L would have already had me in the doc's office.

Seriously, fevers?!?!? I mean, come on!!!! Yet, here I go, starting to shake in my socks again (not wearing shoes) cuz I can feel my temp rising as I type this... 99.2 Sheesh. Time for more tylenol. I feel like I should just start walking around in my cooling vest to try and trick my body... ya know? I'm not talking "fear" in the common sense, but everytime I take that damn thing out of my mouth... I pause to wonder just what's in store for me based on that number... My normal temp is around 98.2 or .4. I can always tell when my temp gets a little too high because that's when my legs go nuts spazzing out, and my chest/rib muscles follow along...

Dang, I didn't mean for this post to be a rant or whine. I was just stating another lovely aspect of MS (still working on that "other word") I promised my boss I'd be back at work tomorrow with donuts (HGAHAHAHAHHAA - you know you laughed at that if you remember what I do for a living... I always love walking down the hallway at work with a Shipley's bag!!) and Sonic drinks. I also promised no more missed days for work until at least between Turkey day and Christmas. I'll make good on that promise - I can do it when I set my mind to it and my body has been behaving pretty good lately. So, I am setting my mind to it. No more missed work!! That's my motto for the next couple of weeks... it'll help that the weather will also be a little cooler for the bayou city as the fall has set in here...

Ready for it... highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s - We're freezin' baby!!! AHAHAHAHAHHA Seriously, it is some of the prettiest days in Texas during that time. Too cool for the mosquitos as well, so it'll be nice to be able to hang outside...

Okay, enough for today... daytime tv sucks and I finished my latest book and have 1 more in the series... Anybody read the Stephanie Meyers vampire series??? SOOOOOO GOOOODD! Highly recommended by my 16 yo niece but I've enjoyed them... good character stories...

Okay, seriously, I'll end my babbling now. Catch ya later!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for not using wing dings. I was afraid I was going to have to find a wind ding dictionary! Donuts ROFLMAO....Fear of fever Pyrexiophobia. (I have entirely too much information floating around my brain). Seriously though, you have reason to be a bit nutso about fevers if everytime you get one its a ticket to a hospital bed. Me, I get fevers all the time on the Rebif. It sucks. I live on 800mg of IBU. BTW. I'll be back in Texas on the 9th!