Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to the grind

Heylo!

Anybody enjoying the Olympics? I am...at least some of it. I'm glad the track stuff has started - there's only so much badminton one can take. You'll have to excuse me because I'm a more than a little peeved that they're taking away my softball and baseball, but leaving in trampoline and dressage. Not that I have anything against those athletes but, really?!?!?! Seriously?!?! They're going to take away our Finch and Rowe and Osterman's and replace them with what?? Course, I'm old enough to remember it being Smith, Berg, and Doc Richardson.... I had to tell my 7 yo niece who they were but she was respectfully impressed.

I admire all the athletes that dedicate that much of their heart and soul into something and leave it all out there for everyone to see..... even the dressage riders!!! My hero for this Olympics, despite my newfound crush on Phelps after seeing him and his bulldog together, is Dara Torres. 41 years-old and helps the US women swim team earn more medals - I don't care what color it was (silver if you were wondering) - even if she hadn't earned a spot on a podium - SHE ROCKED!! Seems like a definition for "You go girl". Thank you Dara for letting me know that I can still follow my dreams - no matter how old!!! Again, you deserve a 2nd...

YOU GO GIRL!!! You're gold in my eyes!

No comments: