Saturday, January 10, 2009

Celine is the cure!!!...

It's Saturday and the weekend - so much better!! We went to the Celine Dion concert last night. It was so freakin awesome!! She was amazing!! Her voice is so freakin' awesome... and she's just like a big kid. She makes funny faces and talks quite a bit - but then sings all the good songs and has a bunch of very cool dancers. I'm a "So You Think You Can Dance" junkie (another thing the other half is responsible for) and I was excited to recognize the dancers doing Pasa Doble (have no clue if that's spelled right) during one of the numbers. It was so beautiful. My other half is not a very big concert fan but I drag her booty to them. She even really enjoyed this one. Sitting in those stadium chairs was not easy on the back, but that's the reason they make pain pills!! The concert was so good I really even did not notice it that much.

Her opening act was a comedian/singer named Gordie Brown. He did song impressionism and was hilarious. Let's just say he sang a song about Elton John's new fashion design of g-strings... We were sitting next to an older couple and they were crying and whooping and hollering with all of us. It brought me out of my funk - therefore Celine is the cure!!

I hate change sometimes... I'm a Libra, it should all be balanced out!!!! Sometimes it takes me a while to adjust to a new norm. Like the new work norm. Do I like it... not particularly. Is there anything I can do to change it - not even likely. Do I want to change my position - nope. That leaves me with dealing with it and making the best of it for me. I can do that and that's what I'll just have to tell myself. I'll adapt - eventually. And it really shouldn't take me too long just because I get bored with feeling sorry for myself. It's really annoying and I don't like being a cry-baby. Thanks for letting me vent.

It got cold again here. Well, cold for SE Texas... Our high's going to be around 61 today, so we've gotten our heavy coats out. HAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAH Hey, anything below 70 is very cold for us. Chillin out today and going to eat a good dinner at a fave restaurant tonight... well, technically we're meeting with the event manager at one of our fave restaurants to plan a very exciting celebration for this May. Lots of yummys for the tummy tonight!! Although we did stumble upon a very neat little place last night for dinner. I had their chicken salad sandwhich and it had pears in it and the dressing was a little different but very good!!! We will be going back to Anita's in Montrose - they have pitcher mimosas for Sunday brunch... sounds like a future friend gathering to me!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Nothing like a really good time to lift the spirits! Glad you've got the work thing into perspective. Change is tough, no matter how old we are. We may go into it kicking and screaming, but it still happens. (Personally, I think that sometimes the kicking and screaming is good for the soul).

BRAINCHEESE said...

Ah, Montrose! Did they finally change the name back from the God awful "Museum District"??

I miss Ambassador Chinese on Alabama (I think)...

Linda D. in Seattle (way too long to recall the streets of Houston)