Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Swimming....

So, stooopid MS interrupted my swim for the first time! I should be excited that this is the first time in so many swims... But, on my last round of laps my right foot seized up to my knee. Well, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, since it just bent up to my ankle...

I hate spasticity - really, that's my biggest bitch... or, more aptly, it's the part of my MS that makes me it's biggest bitch! When my legs or arms start going - I'm screwed!!! That damn lesion on my C5....

But, I did still have a good swim since it happened in the last 2-3 minutes of my swim. So, I didn't lose that much. Course, I was then royally creeped out when the creepy old man sitting in the hot tub offered to rub my foot - TWICE!

So, I had already spent about 2-3 minutes in the pool trying to rub out the spasm but it had moved to my calf. Now, not only am I pissed about my foot I get to waddle to the hot tub to sink my foot (and only my foot!) in there - very obvious that I was cramped up. He's across the spa from me and asks if I'm okay - no problems there... I looked horrible with my waddle over the hot tub.

BUT, BUTTTTTT, BUTTTTTTT - would you offer to rub a complete stranger's foot?? In the hot tub of the gym??? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I was still polite and my inner beauch did not come out. I declined and then he was okay with the chit-chat...

Until, yup - you guessed it!!!! By this time he's moved to my side of the hot tub and he offers again, and just so I know he's serious - he's leaned in and scooted closer. Okay, if I could have run away at that point I would have - but my foot's still turned into my ankle and not wanting to give it up. Again - no bitch, I think because my foot's still got too much of my attention but I say it a little bit more forcefully and I think he's got the hint...

Luckily, within a few more minutes my foot released enough to escape to the women's locker room... Sigh - MS is enough to deal with... why did I have to deal with creepy old guy at gym, too????

46 comments:

Lisa Jo Rudy said...

Thought you might be interested in info about a clinical trial for an oral MS medication:

http://www.pharmabiz.com/article/detnews.asp?articleid=51683&sectionid=
This is great news from sanofi-aventis about their investigational oral medicine for MS, teriflunomide. There is currently a worldwide clinical research study that is evaluating teriflunomide for relapsing forms of MS. Click here for more information: www.tower3.msstudies.com.

Herrad said...

Hi,
Hope you are doing well.
Lok foward to your next post.
Came by to say hello and wish you a good Halloween weekend.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi,
Happy Christmas.
Love,
Herrad

睡衣 said...

先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................

努力 said...

Actions speak louder than words. ........................................

掉了 said...

變天了~~注意身體,別感冒囉!........................................

辰原 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!........................................

惠佩政萍 said...

看到你的好文章真是開心 加油囉.......................................

王妍妮 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。......................................................

怡萱 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光........................................

Herrad said...

Hi,
It has been awhile since I visited many blogs.
Decided to do a quick visit to say hello to as many blogs as possible tonight..
Nice to visit your blog its been ages, I am sure it will not be so long again especially now my life is getting better.
I went out this afternoon for the first time since 19 August 2009 and it was brilliant.
Lovely to feel my world getting bigger again after all this time in bed.
Have a good evening and a pleasant day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad
PS
Please visit Steve @ The Wheel Of Fortuna

http://spinfortunaswheel.blogspot.com/

Important we support him in the first weeks of his bereavement.

雲亨 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................

ac21f2d2 said...

Such attentively manages your ~
.....................................................

TamMcfee668 said...

how do u do?

BokHaile8854 said...

心中有愛,才會人見人愛。......................................................

宗翰 said...

您的部落格文章真棒!!有空我一定會常來逛!! .........................................

淑貞 said...

閒來無聊逛逛blog~~跟您打聲招呼~~.............................................

祐誠 said...

生命中最美麗的報償之一便是幫助他人的同時,也幫助了自己。 ..................................................

AlexanderLotts0 said...

5278av影片 洪爺自拍密錄館影音視訊聊天室 a片下載 彩虹視訊交友網 後宮電影線上a片免費看 xvediox 歐美av無碼影片下載 男人幫論壇 av 短片免費看 紅櫻桃愛情小說 援交友留言桃園無碼a片 網愛交友網elove kk777視訊俱樂部 影音視訊聊天室 完美女人視訊聊天室 383成人34c檳榔西施自拍照片 wii無雙遊戲網,電玩快打小遊戲 sex520免費電影 show-live視訊85cc 視訊聊天 18成人貼圖區 新竹援交自拍 qq 美女貼圖片區 ol 線上免費影片 辣妹有約台北援交 視訊交友高雄網 視訊聊天花漾 mmbox視訊網 無碼dvd,夜未眠成人影城 聊天室ilover99 jpkiss 線上成人影片 aio 網路交友愛情館 台灣18成人網 豆豆出租情人視訊 黑澀會美眉的即時通 xx369色女人專用 aaio辣妹視訊 交友聊天室meet520 微風成人vi467 視訊情人辣妹080 18免費成人影城 080視訊聊天室swam 禁忌書屋成人小說網 人妻的秘密結局 百分百成人圖片區 台南視訊 人妻AV影片 av影片,比基尼美女的奶 電話網愛視訊交友 18禁遊戲

俊翔 said...

Well done!............................................................

asda said...

友誼能增進快樂,減少痛苦 ............................................................

怡潔 said...

More haste, less speed.................................................................

楊俊美 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。..................................................................

佳燕 said...

nice to know you, and glad to find such a good artical!......................................................................

又來 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。......................................................................

淑娟淑娟 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

王名仁 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

俊賢 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

童雅 said...

在你一無所有的時候 是誰在陪伴你 他便是你最重要的人............................................................

宥妃宥妃 said...

Quietude is the crown of life.............................................................

蕙春蕙春 said...

感謝分享--每天都要快樂喔....................................................................

祐音祐音 said...

唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們............................................................

蔡靜芳蔡靜芳 said...

來逛逛blog~~跟您打聲招呼..................................................................

琬安琬安 said...

愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。.................................................................

張家弘翁書豪 said...

獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

黃靜文黃靜文 said...

耐心是一株很苦的植物,但果實卻很甜美。..................................................

陳柏毅 said...

絕不要羞於承認自己不知道的事。..................................................

陳陳昀人良喬 said...

融會貫通的智慧,永遠不會被遺忘。..................................................

建邱勳 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。......................................................................

雅佳謙筑 said...

Dexterity comes by experience.............................................................

佳陳容 said...

人生有如洶湧的波濤,如果沒有岩石的阻擋,怎能激起美麗的浪花?......................................................

易強青易強青易強青 said...

開懷幸福的生活,是每個人的夢想~~希望大家都能夠實現!..................................................................

幸平平平平杰 said...

唯有穿鞋的人,才知道鞋的哪一處擠腳......................................................................

偉冠儒冠儒倫 said...

期待你的下次更新喔^____^..................................................

said...

鞋匠能作好鞋子,因為他只做鞋,不做別的。..................................................

冠州 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!............................................................